American politics is broken, with the far left and far right making it increasingly impossible to govern. This will not change until a vibrant center emerges with an agenda that appeals to the vast majority of the American people. This is the mission of The New Center, which aims to establish the ideas and the community to create a powerful political center in today’s America.
Overview and Responsibilities
The Policy Research Intern at The New Center will conduct research and analysis to assist the policy team in developing original papers and issue briefs that advocate for innovative policy ideas. Working closely with The New Center’s policy team, responsibilities will include:
- Conducting research within an array of issue areas including healthcare, technology, economics, social policy, national security, and climate and energy
- Assisting in the writing and development of policy papers and issue briefs
- Writing blog posts and op-eds analyzing policy issues and their political implications
- Sophomore, junior, or senior undergraduate student
- Strong researcher and writer with experience in public policy and/or politics
- Passionate about politics and public policy with a strong understanding of the American political system, our legislative process, and the related political news cycle
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to work independently on multiple assignments
- Able to begin the internship by September 2021
Location and Compensation
Due to COVID-19, this internship is remote and unpaid for the fall term, with the potential for a future return to the Washington, D.C. office.